10 February 2021
We are now re-open as of Wednesday 10 Feb, and for this week only, will also open on Thursday 11 Feb 9:00-6:00.
Please do not visit the shop if you have any symptoms of coronavirus - check the current advice on www.gov.je/coronavirus for further information or call the helpline on 445566
We are continuing to offer a "walk in" service - appointments are not being taken. Please queue outside the shop (ensuring social distancing and wearing a mask) - only 3 people may wait inside due to distancing requirements. Please ensure you bring appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
In line with Government guidance there will be new procedures for customers to follow:
- Close personal contact such as hairdressing requires additional precautions to be followed, so masks will be necessary for both customers and staff. Please bring your own mask, ensuring that it fastens over the ears and not around the back of the head. Disposable masks will be available if necessary, but there will be a surcharge if they have to be supplied.
- Please ensure you arrive for your haircut with clean hair.
- Please do not bring friends or children unless they are also wanting a haircut. Children may be accompanied by one adult and must adhere to social distancing rules whilst in the shop.
- There is very limited seating available in the shop - please be prepared to wait outside in line with social distancing requirements. In the event of bad weather, please bring appropriate clothing / umbrella as we cannot allow more than 3 customers to wait in the shop due to social distancing requirements.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at the entrance to the shop, please use it on arrival.
- Note that we are required to record your contact details in line with current coronavirus guidance. These details will only be retained for the recommended period.
- Each cutting position and equipment will be sanitised between customers. Due to the additional time and PPE required, we have had to review our pricing, which had remained the same since 2018.
Further updates will be posted here as they are available.
Jim and the staff of Jim's Barbers
Hi - I'm Jim and I've been cutting hair since I left College. I came to Jersey in 1991 and have lived and worked here since then.
In July 2010 Jim's Barbers moved from Georgetown to a new shop at Five Oaks, which provides a large, comfortable environment and plenty of parking for clients.
We aim to provide an excellent speedy service - I have always taken pride in my work and hope that you find our service to your satisfaction. Should you have any comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Please have a look around the site - why not drop by the shop and give us a try yourself?